Query: Why don't you tell us something interesting?
Answer: I think you can guess for yourself.
I am always at my very most boring when I am also anxious. And I have been rather anxious, this week, as it has slowly drifted across my consciousness that there are looming work things that I am actually responsible for bringing to pass. It seems that I would vastly prefer it if my responsibilities could just tick along at the same modest and predictable level week after week after week. This attitude, as everyone knows, is an excellent recipe for success in any career.
What I'd really like, naturally, is very few actual responsibilities at all, just a nice salary and the option for someone to applaud appreciatively when I happened to do something accidentally, every now and then. I would be very ready to provide an annual output of, oh, let's see:
- One academic paper (absolutely no quality guarantee of any kind included)
- Several whimsical drawings (ditto)
- A story or few (ditto, ditto)
- 260 dinners
- Several batches of baked goods
- The solving of 52 crossword puzzles
- A lumpy craft project to be named later
- Dozens of blog comments
- Informal commentary on several films and works of light fiction
- Five or more animated gifs.
All that and I'll play with the baby too. A bargain at twice the price!